Monday, June 1, 2009

I Bless the Rains Down in Africa



We're going to Africa. We're really doing it and in less than 3 months. This is a trip of a lifetime and I want to make sure that I share our experience. We leave on August 18 and return on September 2. We will spend 10 nights in Tanzania and 3 nights in Rwanda. We fly from S.D. to Detroit and then on to Amsterdam and finally to Kilimanjaro. We are NOT checking any luggage!

To the left is a map of places we're visiting. I've broken it down into 7 areas:
1: Arrive in Kilimanjaro. Overnight in Arusha to recover from jetlag.
2: 2 nights in Tarangire, the 3rd largest park in Tanzania
3: 1 night at Lake Manyara
4: 2 nights in Ngorongoro Crater
5: 3 nights in the Serengeti
6: Depart from Kilimanjaro to Nairobi and then on to Kigali, Rwanda
7: 3 nights in Virunga Lodge in Rwanda.

I will try and post as much as possible while we're on our trip. Surprisingly, most of the lodges and tented camps where we're staying have Internet access. I hate checking email and using the Internet while I'm on vacation. I prefer to cut myself off from reality when I'm traveling, but I really want to capture every moment of our African experience.

I'll keep posting details as our departure date draws near. The one final thing we need to do before we leave is get immunizations. Ouch. I hate shots. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment